Sunday, February 04, 2007

Santori Time


Well, this weekend marks the beginning of my week of rest and recuperation. I can’t wait.

The last 9 months have been nothing short of exhausting. Exhausting and almost totally oppressive. Put upon - you ever feel that way? I guess I had before, but never like this. It was an uphill battle in a spiritual war, and this lil' Injun done ran outta arrows.

As my good friend Robert Zimmerman once said, “When something’s not right, it’s wrong.” And this shit was seriously wrong. Almost from day one.

So, I am glad to have washed my hands of it. Things have been on an upswing for me lately, so I’m just going to roll with it, brothers and sisters. Shine on. Why the fuck not.

I have a good feeling about this new gig. Time will tell, of course, but all the signs point to a good outcome. So, I will start that next leg of the trip next Monday.

For now, I’m going to focus on getting my head clear and getting some R&R. It’s about damn time. I’m gonna try to look at some apartments this week too. That’s another piece of the puzzle, to be solved at a later date. Maybe I’ll get a gym membership squared away too.

For now, I’m watching a movie and my usual Monday morning alarm is as good as dead. Let’s hear it for small miracles.

No comments: