Saturday, February 17, 2007

Luca Brazzi Sleeps With the Fishes

I may not have mentioned this before, but my bedroom does not receive any sunlight (there's a joke there somewhere, but I'm too tired). I have a window, so I can get fresh air in the room when I want to, but the window faces and interior sort of courtyard (but imagine the least fancy courtyard possible). I'm on the ground floor, so there is hardly ever any light visible through that window.

As a result, I tend to sleep very late, unless I set my alarm, because at all times, it feels like the middle of the night, unless I have a light on or I open my bedroom door. Otherwise, it's eternal midnight.

Case in point, today, I slept until 2:00pm. 2:00pm!!!! I wasn't even up that late last night. I wasn't drunk. I wasn't suffering from insomnia (for a change). Nothing. But, every time I woke up this morning - and I did wake up a few times, by the way - it was so dark in my room, I just passed out again.

And now, half of my day is gone. Awesome.

I guess I gotta start setting my alarm on the weekends. Otherwise, I could miss half my life!

No comments: