She's had a heckuva year, Brownie!
- First she puts out an album with Al Green's band that is totally out of character and surprisingly upbeat.
- Then, she plans a tour.
- She cancels the tour. (Chan, if you're reading this, you broke my heart on Valentine's day.)
- She checks herself in to rehab. (Then I felt bad about having my heart broken.)
- She cleans up and checks out. Which is nice.
- She then re-embarks on her tour and simultaneously rereleases her album (at a discount price, thanks a lot Matador, I bought that the first day it came out!), since it didn't get much of a promotional push, due to the aforementioned cancellation.
And now, she seems like a happy little kitty for the first time ever. It's been great to see her have such a triumphant return after what was probably a harrowing recovery experience, on top of years of alcohol and drug abuse.
Then, Karl Lagerfeld, the nutball with a ponytail and a fan, who runs Chanel, personally picks her to be their new spokeskitten. Bravo, Karl! I know you're a total fucking mental case and this will be the only time you ever hear me say something nice about you, but I really commend your choice.
I leave you with the following picture of our feline friend. You can't really blame the guy for picking her, can you? Hell, I'd start my own fashion label if I thought it would get her attention. I think the world is ready for my designer underwear. Right?