Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"And It's Not Okay, Because If They Take My Stapler Then I'll Set The Building On Fire..."

You know, I kid around a lot, but gosh darnit, my job can be pretty awesome sometimes.

Like yesterday for example: I arrived early, trying to get a leg up on my workload from missing a whole entire day from the Labor Day holiday (global business sleeps for no American). However, when I arrived, my office’s server had crashed, meaning no email, no internet and no access to any of our work files. So everyone sat around and tried to look busy until everything was back online at 1:00 PM that day.

Then I worked with the Senior Vice President on a document until 8:00 PM. Let me tell you a little bit about the word “fulfillment.” It falls short of describing how I felt at the end of the day.

But here’s a clue: I had such a wonderful day that I went home at 8:30 PM, had some dinner and then went directly to bed at 10:00 PM, which I haven’t done since probably 7th grade.

Here’s hoping today is a little better.


No comments: