Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This Just In: Exercise Is Good For You

If you're any regular reader of this here productivity wormhole of a blog, you're keenly aware of one thing: until very recently, I felt like total shit for about 2 years. Primarily work-induced.

But, things are getting better, at a steady clip. I have to admit. At the rate I'm going, I might have to rename this site to Dispatches From the Fuzzy Bunny-Shaped Pink Cloud or something.

Before this 2 year period fugue, I was pretty healthy, went to the gym, ate right, the whole nine. Once the aforementioned work stress kicked in though, this not only faded from my life, but eventually did a 180 degree turnaround. Lately I look like Quentin Tarantino's little brother who rides the short bus, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

I recently decided I didn't fee like buying a larger waste size on any more pants though, and now I'm determined to get back in the swing of things. I went to the gym today!

I ran 3 miles. My face turned as red as George Bush's underpants, but I did it. Granted, I used to run 3 miles or more with no problem, but hey, baby steps, right?

Don't tell anyone, but I also want to trim back my drinking. Nothing drastic, but cutting back some, perhaps to the level most people function at, instead of John Belushi's understudy or something.

My goal is to trim up and drop some LB's (that's pounds) by the end of summer. If I can accomplish that, I'm going to reward myself with something I've wanted for a long time, but never got around to: A TATTOO! (More on that story as it develops.)

Time will tell. But as of this post, I'm serious about this.

I promise tomorrow's post will be really dumb and silly to make up for this one.

Here's a very silly picture of Rage Against the Machine Man raging, to make up for all the machining I did in this post:

No comments: