Tuesday, January 30, 2007

And The Lord Said Unto Me “Let There Be HBO On Demand”

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls… the time has come. I’ve been fasting these past months. I have “gone without.”

Without what, you say?

Among other things… Cable. Cable TV.

I was living in the lap of luxury, not three months ago. I had digital cable, high speed internet, a DVR recorder… life was good. Well, that part of life was good. The rest… not so much.

Then I moved. Every other aspect of this move has been for the best. I am happier (alert the press!) and I get to see my friends all the time.

But I don’t get to see Al Swearengen. I don’t get to see Jon Stewart. Cash Cab. Or even my network friends… Meredith, Rosie, Conan, Dave. Heck, I even miss Mr. Rogers.

But all that changes on Monday, February 5, 2007.

I’m installing the Comcast Triple PlayÒ . Landline phone (that’s another thing, my god damn cell phone doesn’t even work in my own apartment), high speed internet (This wireless shit is for the birds. It’s bird shit.) and… digital cable. With HBO (The Wire!), Showtime (Weeds!) and Stars (I don’t know!). Oh my!

Things are going to be different around here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no better show than Weeds.

-Ben Harper singing Tiny Boxes,
pl