Monday, April 30, 2007

A Tale of Two Georges

It's been a rather trying week, my drooges. Exhausting, painful, busy - the whole nine yards.

In times like this, I find myself listening to a lot of George Harrison. It's uncanny. The guy really had an amazing knack for taking the saddest topics (namely death, dying and all the heartbreaks that can lead to it and follow it), yet his music fills you with so much hope. He's like The Secret Beatle. Historically, he's never the one you hear of first, but perhaps the deepest and most sincere of them all.

If you don't already own a copy, treat yourself to George's masterpiece: All Things Must Pass. It really is a work of art. It's the perfect embodiment of his spirit, optimism and amazing talent. Look into it!


Anyway, it's been a messy week. The good news is that I've been spending a lot of time with family during this time, seeing old faces and talking with people I haven't seen in ages. It really grounds you.

That's all. I don't really have much else to say at the moment. But I'll leave you with two pictures. One is of George Harrison. The other is of my Grandma, holding my baby cousin (technically, I guess he's my second cousin) Philip George. His friends just call him Little George though.

So here are two Georges that are helping me keep my head this week. Maybe they'll do the same for you?

1 comment:

petelutz said...

Yo KB, have you ever read Eric Idle's Sad Bastard Diary? It's really amazing. It's one of my favorite books I've read in the past couple years. There is some great stuff in it about George Harrison. Not too much about Little George though. One of my favorite lines in the book is something like "Oscar Wilde said Niagara Falls would be something if it went the other way, you might say the same thing about Oscar Wilde."

I hope everything is alright.

p.